Custom Spaces by Home Tailor
Custom Spaces lets you collaborate directly with a designer and project manager to create a perfectly tailored design for your kitchen, basement or bath. The goal of Custom Spaces is to provide you with beautifully constructed spaces to serve for years to come.
2. RECEIVE YOUR PRICE QUOTE PRESENTATION: Review the concept drawing along with concept price quote. Discuss next steps to complete your design.
3. PERSONALIZE YOUR DESIGN: Choose your selections, finalize your floorplans and see your design come to life!
Drag the image to see the 360 rendering of the kitchen
For your Free Consultation, you will receive:
– Initial field measurements & inspection of existing plumbing, electrical, structural, and mechanical systems
– Initial Design Layout
– Line Renderings (Sample below)
– One 360 degree rendering
– A Concept Price Quote for the construction of the design
– and a 90-minute in-person Price Quote Presentation with the Project Manager and Designer
For your Custom Spaces design, you will receive:
– A Design Planner to submit your fixture selections
– Full color perspective renderings (Sample below)
– One 360 degree rendering
– Draft versions of Floorplans & Elevations
– A comprehensive price quote for the construction of the design
– and a 90-minute virtual Review Revision with the Project Manager and Designer
*Read our FAQs to learn more.
Sample Line Renderings
Sample Full Color Renderings
Sample Elevations & Floorplans
Meet Your Designer
Brad has well over 15 years of construction and design experience. Brad got his start as a carpenter and project manager for his family’s business. He later worked for other construction companies only to find his niche in combining construction with kitchen and bath design.
Following his passion, he started Harbor Kitchen Design in 2009 with the goal of learning, growing, and pioneering the best way forward for the construction/design industry and the planet. He truly loves bringing a client’s vision to life in a way they can visualize before the walls come down. This is why he has exclusively partnered with Home Tailor to create Custom Spaces and offer a robust remodeling experience
He is a master at AutoCAD and 2020 Design software and creates a wide range of spaces including kitchens, baths, basements, and work spaces. He is a proud member of the National Kitchen and Bath Association which keeps him up to date on the latest trends the industry has to offer.
In his spare time, Brad enjoys playing piano and guitar and hiking with his daughter and girlfriend.
How much should I budget for the design process?
Our base package starts at $1500 and includes the items listed in the “what do I recieve FAQ”. This package includes ten design hours, with each additional hour costing $150.
How many design hours should I expect for a kitchen, bath, or basement.
On average it takes 10-15 hours to design a full kitchen.
On average it takes 10-12 hours to design a full bathroom.
On average it takes 10-15 hours to design a basement with a full bath.
How long does the design process take?
On average, the process can take anywhere from 1-2 months from the first day we meet you until you have your final design. Here’s a breakdown of the timeline.
– 7-10 days to receive your Price Quote Presentation after your initial consultation
– 2 weeks to receive you Review Revision after you submit your Design Planner
– 2 weeks for every revision thereafter
Do I have to use Home Tailor as my contractor?
When you commit to our design services, you are NOT obligated to construct the project. However, if you do want to build the design then Home Tailor is the only contractor permitted to utilize the designs provide.
What if I do not use all of my design hours?
If there are unused hours at the end of the design process and the homeowner does NOT want to go forward with the building process, they will be refunded for the unused hours. Similarly, if the homeowner moves forward with the building contract, the amount will be refunded or credited to the Home Improvement Contract.